Monday, May 14, 2018

"Training for Leadville 100 Run" My next great adventure


Training run at Knob Hill Trails Saturday 5/12/18

5 days until Possums- Revenge =) Sure to be an exciting day of pushing limits, encouragement, enjoying old friends and making new friends. I am blessed with the opportunity to toe the line with more than 300 likeminded cronies challenging themselves at distances ranging from 8 miles to 52 miles on the spectacular Lake Possum Kingdom hike and bike trail system. The day will be filled with challenging big trail climbs opening to stunning views of nature and Possum Kingdom Lake.  I love the week leading up to a race! =)

Race Week is a week of maintenance.  Tuesday and Thursday’s running remains low miles at moderate effort. Wednesday’s Strength training shifts to upper body exercises only, followed by a few laps in the pool.  Friday becomes a Rest Day with no activity planned, all leading up to Saturday  Possums- Revenge  52- magnificent and glorious miles.  =)

Connect with me at Strava or Garmin Connect and view and share past workout statistics

Weeks to Go: 14 weeks to Leadville Trail 100 Run Race day – 5 days to a 52 Mile Training Race Possums- Revenge  “I can’t wait” =)

 In January of this year, I was notified that I have been selected by way of lottery to run in the 2018  Leadville Trail 100 Run on Aug 18, 2018. A 100-mile mountain Trail Race that starts in Leadville Colorado with a Race Profile ranging in altitude from 9200 ft to over 12,600 ft.  Leadville's Race Course travels out 50 miles and back again through stunning Rocky mountain forest trails and mountain roads.
A normal training week for me has me
  • Recovering on Mondays (Taking the Day off), 
  • Running mid-distance faster workouts on Tuesdays and Thursdays, 
  • Running long and slower paced trail runs on Saturday and Sunday, 
  • Strength training and cross training on Wednesdays and Fridays. 
I typically run 50+ miles a week and will hit 60 and 70+ miles at least 6 times over the next few weeks. Every other Thursday I add a stair stepper with treadmill workout @ 15% incline up to 3-hour during the evening. My Sunday long run often finds me at trail locations that offer significant climbing and descending. For sanity reasons, reference and fun I am running a few training races along the way. =)

Make it a Great Day!

Come and friend me on My Strava Profile


Come and friend me on My Garmin Connect Profile

No comments:

Post a Comment