Friday, February 9, 2024

🏃‍♂️ Hey there, fellow trailblazers! 🌟 Ready to dive into the nitty-gritty of a ultra-running training plan?

 



Let's lace up those shoes and embark on this exhilarating journey together! 🚀

With a major race on the horizon in September, my training regimen is all about strategic phases to ensure I'm firing on all cylinders come race day. 🗓️ Here's the lowdown on how I'm tackling the trails: We will know in September if it works

Phase 1: Winter/Spring Wonderland ❄️🌸

In these cooler months, I'm all about laying down a solid foundation of conditioning and improving my pace. That means cranking up the intensity with some heart-pumping Vo2 max and tempo runs. 💨 Think of it as priming the engine for the epic adventures ahead!

Phase 2: Sizzling Summer Strength 💪☀️

As the temperatures rise, so does my focus on building endurance and fortifying my muscles. Cue the weekend-long back-to-back runs! 🏞️ These babies are designed to push my limits while sculpting those trail-ready legs. And let's not forget the midweek strength sessions to keep everything in top-notch form!

Phase 3: The Final Countdown 🚀🏁

With the big race looming on the horizon, about 6 to 8 weeks before race day in September, it's time to fine-tune every aspect of my performance. 🎯 That means hitting the technical trails, mastering those uphill climbs, and dialing in my calorie intake for optimal fueling. Oh, and let's not forget about those exhilarating nighttime runs to get comfortable with the darkness! 🌌


But wait, there's more! My weekly grind follows a rhythm of gradual build-up and strategic recovery. 🔄 I ramp up the mileage over 2 to 3 weeks before giving my body some well-deserved rest with a mileage reduction on the 3rd or 4th week. It's all about finding that sweet spot between pushing boundaries and honoring the body's need to recharge. ⚡

And speaking of weekly routines, here's a sneak peek into my schedule during phase 1:

🏋️ Monday: Power hour with strength training focusing on the chest, biceps, and core. 🏃 Tuesday: Let's hit the road for some heart-thumping Vo2 intervals or tempo runs! 🏋️ Wednesday: Back at it with strength training, this time targeting back, triceps, and those powerhouse legs. 🏃 Thursday: Base miles day – time to log those essential foundational miles. 🏃 Friday: Threshold run or a pace-pushing session to keep that speedometer ticking. 🏃 Saturday: Ah, the joy of choice! A short progression run or just going with the flow – whatever feels right! 🏃 Sunday: Long run day – the pièce de résistance of the week, where miles turn into memories and challenges into triumphs!

With each step pounding the earth beneath me, I'm one stride closer to crushing my goals and embracing the thrill of ultra-running. 💥 So here's to chasing sunrises, conquering mountains, and embracing the wild, untamed spirit within us all! 🌄 #UltraRunnerLife #TrailBlazers #EmbraceTheChallenge #RunningWild 🏞️👟


No comments:

Post a Comment